Treatment of varicose veins
Many people, who suffer from varicose veins, disregard this state and do not take any measures to have them removed because they are either afraid of having a surgery orare unaware of the modern methods of the treatment of varicose veins.
Over the last decade some new minimally invasive techniques (the so-called "bloodless" treatment) have almost completely replaced the standard surgical method due to the many advantages that they offer compared to the standard surgical treatment.
Endovenous laser ablation (EVLA / ELVES)
The endovenous laser ablation (ELA) is achieved due to the thermal effect on the venous wall.
The essence of this method refers to a procedure in which through a small skin incision is inserted a special catheter into the lumen of the damaged vein. It burns the vein’s interior and thus leads to its clogging.
Main advantages of the endovenous laser ablation compared to the standard surgical treatment:
- the method is minimally invasive, which means that there are no large surgical incisions and blood loss
- general anesthesia is not required; the so-called tumescent anesthesia is applied, which is a special type of local anesthesia
- the procedure is performed under ultrasound control
- hospitalization is not required
- fewer side effects of the procedure compared to the standard surgical treatment
- less pain
- less trauma compared to the standard surgical treatment
- faster recovery of the patients (able to go back to work on the following day)
- very high efficiency of the method
This method is a minimally invasive method of treatment, in which a small amount of sclerosing agent (sclerosant) is injectedin in the enlarged vein in order the vein walls to be glued and thus the vein is excluded from the blood circulation, and with the help of the blood compensatory mechanism is directed to other adjacent normally functioning veins.
The main types of sclerotherapy are: sclerotherapy with liquid sclerosant and sclerotherapy with sclerosant foam.
The decision, which method of treatment to be applied, is taken by your physician depending upon your condition.
A very important initial step for the successful treatment of the varicose veins is a precise ultrasonic diagnosis of the venous system performed by a qualified specialist (angio-specialist or a vascular surgeon) and a selection of the right method or combination of methods for the treatment of each individual patient.
There is no one single universal method, used for the treatment, which is equally applicable and effective for each patient.
MHAT “Nadezhda” has the latest generation laser and ultrasound equipment.
In our work we apply only modern minimally invasive treatments for varicose veins that enable patients almost immediately to return to their daily activities, eliminating the long recovery periods.